I typically choose recipes based on taste and ease. I am not a talented cook, so it needs to be easy! I also have a kitchen the size of a shoe box.
As I was scrolling through Instagram, I saw an AMAZINGLY delicious picture of a Nigella Lawson dish – scallops and chorizo. YUM!
Versatility is also really important to me, and this dish is perfect for a quick mid-week meal, albeit a bit extravagant, or a diner party.
As it’s refined carbohydrate and dairy free, I too have been able to enjoy it despite my current dietary requirements.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 110 grams of chorizo
- 400 grams small scallops (halve them to make 2 thinner discs if they are very fat)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Slice the chorizo into rounds no thicker than 3mm / 1/8 inch.
- Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo round until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo to a bowl and fry the scallops in the chorizo-oil for about 1 minute a side.
- Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let bubble for a few seconds before arranging on a serving plate and sprinkling with lots of parsley.
Additional information – for gluten free most chorizo is gluten free but please check packaging.